Home Forums* Womens Ministries Does Anybody Have Any Guidance for a Newbie?

last updated by Rosemarie Green 3 years, 11 months ago
6 voices
10 replies
  • Author
      Lisa Lisa Bates
      Participant
        • *State: UT
        • *City: Provo
        • *Primary Interest in Ministry. : Minister of Education

Hi There!

I lead the women’s bible study and discipleship ministry at a small local nondenominational church. I am also a Master of Christian Ministries in Discipleship and Church Ministries student. I have up to about 12 active women and a bunch more women who have expressed interest in coming to one or the other or both of our two meetings per week. One meeting is in the morning and the other is in the evening to accommodate women with different schedules. I have been growing by leaps and bounds as God has put me in this position and given me things to do that I would never have thought of doing on my own.

I am starting this thread to see what suggestions other women ministry leaders might have to share their experience and help new ministers like me.

Lisa Bates

Teresa Marsh, Administrative Elder
        Participant
          • *State: NORTHLAND
          • *City: Kaitaia
          • *Primary Interest in Ministry. : Pastor

Hi Lisa , great to hear of your field of expertise in womens ministry and the open doors God has set before you.

I lead a small group of women where we pray study scripture and fellowship on a weekly basis. There is a great need for the encouragement this brings to individual women. Godbless you in the call of God.

Rosemarie Green
          Participant
            • *State: South Carolina
            • *City: Port Royal
            • *Primary Interest in Ministry. : Youth Minister

I am new not only to this organization, but in ministry as a whole. I have always sought to help women, especially in domestic violence situations as I worked as a case manager in a shelter for almost 4 years, and the suffering of these women and children is heartbreaking. I am a former victim of DV myself. Looking for more ways to help women and children in this predicament and advice from other ministers interested in women’s ministries. Thank you and God Bless!

Teresa Marsh, Administrative Elder
            Participant
              • *State: NORTHLAND
              • *City: Kaitaia

Hi Rosemarie! Great to hear of your ministry with women and children experiencing Domestic Violence. Welcome to Nacm, we’re blessed to have you with us.

Rosemarie Green
              Participant

Thank you so much for the warm welcome! I look forward to fellowship with you and other ministers. I am new and just trying to get some guidance, fellowship, advice and support from this group. Have a blessed and wonderful day!

Mary Glaser, NACM Hospitality Elder
                Participant
                  • *State: Missouri
                  • *City: Saint Louis
                  • *Primary Interest in Ministry. : Evangelist

Welcome to Womans Group!
                  May the Lord Bless You!

Rosemarie Green
                  Participant

Thank you for the warm welcome! I am Rosemarie Green and I have a ministry that seeks to help women and children affected by Domestic violence and rape, and I also seek to minister to youth. If anyone has any questions or needs help or prayer in these areas, or any other, please feel free to contact me. May God bless and keep you all!

Elaine Rivera, New Jersey State Coordinating Elder
                    Participant
                      • *State: New Jersey
                      • *City: South Jersey

Welcome Sister Rosemarie. We greet you in the Strong Name of Jesus Christ. We are so pleased to have another laborer in the fields that we can work along side. The time is long overdue that we would speak truth to power to the women we encounter who have experienced life in the most unimaginable ways. But how do they move past the hurt and go on to live empowered unless they have seen it done with success themselves. I can not duplicate what hasn’t been demonstrated. This charge of ministry is about more than preaching and teaching, simply put, our walk is our witness. Without saying a word each of us have the power to be a part of lives changed simply because we walk as a witness to Christ. Let us speak light in the darkness that a path can be seen and the journey can begin.

Rosemarie Green
                      Participant

Amen Elder Elaine! When I get the opportunity to help women see that they can overcome their situations, where I once was, I do it with the love and help of Jesus Christ. I pray they see and feel Him in everything I do. If I made it, so can they, with the help of Jesus. If I didn’t hear Him speak to me directly , I would not be here today. Thank You Jesus for each new day, because it is only because of Him that I still breathe.

Ruby Dent
                        Participant
                          • *State: Wisconsin
                          • *City: Cudahy
                          • *Primary Interest in Ministry. : Evangelist

Sister Rosemarie,

I thought about you today as I was perusing the NACM site. I pray all is well! I tried to send an email from this site, but was unsuccessful.

The NACM offers an online self-paced course on Domestic Violence Ministry for Christian Ministers. The cost is $37.00. Here is the link:  http://nacm.pathwright.com/library/ . You can also find the information on the NACM Course page. I took the course and it was very informative, full of heart-wrenching stories and provides theory and application. Try it I am sure you will like it!

Peace and Blessings

Sister Ruby Dent, Elder (WI)

Rosemarie Green
                          Participant

Sister Dent, thank you so much for thinking of me! I do want to help women and children in Domestic violence  situations, and I appreciate this information very much! I shall definitely look into it. I know it all to well as both a former victim myself and having worked in a DV shelter for 4 years as a case manager. Please keep in touch and I will keep you posted on my progress and ministry. It is an honor to be counted among so many Christ filled Sisters!

God Bless and Stay Safe,

Min. Rosemarie Green

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.