NATIONAL ASSOCIATION of CHRISTIAN MINISTERS
SEPTEMBER 2019 PRAYERLETTER
Due to the increase of natural disasters (not just in the USA, but all over the world) and “evil men and seducers waxing worse and worse, deceiving, and being deceived…” (2 Tim 3:13), the question is being echoed by many Christian leaders, “So what should we Christians be doing!?” Just having to ask that question says something very clearly about us, the Church, for I suggest the answer is in what Paul admonished Timothy: “I charge you in the presence of God and of Christ Jesus, who will judge the living and the dead, and in view of His appearing and His kingdom: Preach the word; be prepared in season and out of season (emphasis mine); reprove, rebuke, and encourage with every form of patient instruction” (2 Tim 4:1-2). In other words: IN SEASON & OUT OF SEASON – keep doing the things you should have always been doing! There shouldn’t be a difference of intensity and commitment to obeying the Lord and doing His will, the ministry each of us has been called to, whether it’s a pleasant time or a threatening time ! If there is a difference, then repentance on our part is needed! We shouldn’t just “pull out all the stops” because things are worsening. But if we’ve been subdued by the pleasantry of the time past, coasting, then yes, we do need to come back to how we should always be: consistently, seriously and prayerfully preaching the whole counsel of God (without compromise or avoidance of possibly consequential topics), speaking His truth in love, humbly correcting, and encouraging with PATIENT teaching.
Let us pray and encourage one another, as co-laborers in the Lord’s harvest fields, towards this end!
New Items from the Spirit Shop
Click Image to View Details
- FOR FULL DETAILS, TO ASK QUESTIONS, TO INDICATE ATTENDANCE: GO TO THE MN STATE WEBPAGE HERE: https://nacministers.org/groups/minnesota/
- FOR FULL DETAILS, TO ASK QUESTIONS, INDICATE ATTENDANCE: GO TO THE NY STATE WEBPAGE HERE: https://nacministers.org/groups/new-york/
- FOR FULL DETAILS, TO ASK QUESTIONS, TO INDICATE ATTENDANCE: GO TO THE NIGERIA WEBPAGE HERE: https://nacministers.org/groups/nigeria-ministries/
IMPORTANT TO KNOW ABOUT NACM GATHERINGS:
- ALL NACM MEMBERS CAN ATTEND ANY STATE GATHERING, whether you are a resident of that State where the Gathering is held, or not.
- All NACM GATHERINGS include an ORDINATION CONFIRMATION CEREMONY (laying-on-of-hands blessing) for those ALREADY ORDAINED through the onlineprocess. Just let your presiding Elder know ahead of time that you wish to participate in the ceremony (proof of ordination required).
- ALL NACM GATHERINGS require PRIOR REGISTRATION: GO TO THE NACM STATE WEBPAGE (where the Gathering is being held) AND POST YOUR QUESTIONS & REQUESTS to ATTEND THERE.
OPPORTUNITIES FOR FURTHER EQUIPPING YOURSELF FOR EFFECTIVE MINISTERING:
The NACM Chaplaincy Program is expanding! Now you can, through NACM member Chaplain, Rev Ron Ringo, take CPE (Clinical Pastoral Care – 4 units) to prepare for Board Certification as a Professional Chaplain (as required for staff chaplain with the military, police dept., fire dept., hospital, prison, etc.). For more information, click on this link:
The NACM CHRISTIAN CHAPLAINCY COURSE: Get solid, thorough quality training for theological understanding and affirmation of the chaplaincy call, as well as acquiring effective crisis ministering skills (grief-and-loss, death-and-dying, traumatic events, suicide, etc.).
Completion Certificate: qualifies ordained NACM member ministers for NACM chaplain licensing as a community or volunteer chaplain (nursing homes; jail ministry; street chaplain; hospital volunteer; etc.).
This is an online/internet course: SELF-PACED (complete when you do); 2 textbooks required.
MEMBER DISCOUNTED TUITION: 20% off! ($31.96 instead of $39.95). Enter discount code NACMDISCOUNT (all one word/all capital letters) in the discount code box when you register here:
CLICK on this LINK to register: https://nacm.pathwright.com/library/nacm-christian-chaplaincy-basics/about/
NACM’s LEADERSHIP HALL: free online/internet self-paced course.
Unique online group-interactive study of leadership theology and skills for effective pastoring, administering or directing of any church or ministry organization.
CLICK on this LINK to register: http://nacmresearch.ning.com
NACM: SOULCARE 101: MINISTERING TO UNSAINTLY SAINTS (5th year!!)
Learn how to effectively counter people’s difficult behaviors and help them discover and address their real, root issue. You will gain specific practical skills to help people actualize real transformation in Christ!
Completely online (internet) course – self-paced (complete in your own time frame).
MEMBER DISCOUNTED TUITION: 20% off ($19.95 instead of $24.95) – type discount code NACMDISCOUNT (all caps/one word) in discount code box when registering:
NACM SOULCARE 102: OVERCOMING ROOT ISSUES – Helping People Identify, Address & Resolve First-Cause Issues – Sequel to SoulCare 101; takes up where the first course left off and trains you in 7 effective biblical steps for helping people overcome their root issues and stay victorious! MUST take 101 before 102 !
MEMBER DISCOUNT: ($19.95 instead of $24.95) – type in discount code, NACMDISCOUNT, in the discount code box when registering: https://nacm.pathwright.com/library/recovery-from-root-issues-soul-care-102/about/
This is an eye-opening learning experience to the prevalence of DV/abuse in the Christian community and how to practically and rightly minister.
– Ongoing, self-paced online course: start anytime, finish anytime. (No textbooks needed)
– Taught by Dr Nancy Murphy, 35+ years DV & Abuse recovery Christian Counselor (Director of Northwest Family Life Counseling Center in Seattle, WA)
– Special NACM member discount: $37 instead of $67 (public), instead of $299.95 (grad students)
– To register: http://dvtraining.net/product/speaking-up-christian-response-online-course/
– Click on “CLICK HERE TO PURCHASE”, type in NACM in the PROMO CODE BOX; click APPLY; follow instructions
– Contact Nancy at SpeakingUpTraining@gmail.com if desiring academic credits for course (different price applies) or to become a trainer.
JUST CLICK ON THIS LINK: https://nacministers.org/usa-project-local-groups/ – then on your State’s name.
IF YOU ARE IN A COUNTRY OTHER THAN THE USA, LOOK FOR YOUR COUNTRY’S WEBPAGE HERE: https://nacministers.org/global-project-local/
DID YOU KNOW THERE ARE 29 SPECIAL-INTEREST MINISTRY GROUPS ON THE NACM WEBSITE? Interests range from BIKER MINISTRY, to COWBOY CHURCH, to JAIL MINISTRIES, to WRITERS, to WORSHIP LEADERS, to CHAPLAINS, to RECOVERY MINISTRIES, and many more!
CHECK THEM OUT HERE: https://nacministers.org/ministry-focus-groups/
IS YOUR MINISTER’S or CHAPLAIN’S LICENSE up-to-date! (check expiration date on card)