National Association of Christian Ministers
AUGUST 2019 NEWSLETTER
Greetings in Christ, NACM Member Minister;
Let us not lose heart in doing good, for in due time we will reap if we do not grow weary. – Gal 6:9
What a word for this day! PERSISTENCE is the minister’s call: trusting God to bring about the seemingly impossible good outcome (to the work He’s called us to) if we but press on (our NACM North Carolina Elder Laura Moody’s favorite expression!) and not give in to weariness or discouragement. Someone once said: “The moment you’re about to quit is the moment right before the miracle happens! Don’t give up!” Someone else said, “If you get tired, learn to rest, not quit!” AMEN! Learn to rest! “Come to Me if you who are weary and weighed down, and I will give you REST” (Mt 11:28). We MUST know how to take time out to rest in Christ and be renewed in strength and faith! Ministers need ministered to as well! Who, in Christ, do you turn to for rest for your soul?
We pray the Lord is keeping and encouraging you, and you are finding hope and persistence in His strength.
IMPORTANT for SUSTAINING YOUR MEMBERSHIP IN THE NACM
If you were a NACM member before 2019, on the former “old” NACM website (nacministers.org – which no longer exists), PLEASE IMMEDIATELY REGISTER A NEW MEMBER ACCOUNT on the new website! It’s easy: just click on the following web address link, choose “I HAVE NOT SETUP AN APPROVED PROFILE HERE” and fill out the membership form (in the form, you can indicate that you are a transferring member, rather than a new member):
REMEMBER: THIS IS NECESSARY IN ORDER TO REMAIN IN GOOD STANDING WITH THE NACM SO AS TO CONTINUE AS AN ORDAINED, LICENSED MINISTER or CHAPLAIN with the NACM.
New Items in the Spirit Shop
UPCOMING NACM GATHERINGS
NACM TENNESSEE STATE GATHERING – AUGUST 24th (Noon)
- FOR FULL DEATILS, TO ASK QUESTIONS, to INDICATE ATTENDANCE – GO TO THE TN WEBPAGE:
NACM OHIO STATE GATHERING – AUGUST 23-24 2019
- FOR FULL DETAILS, TO ASK QUESTIONS, to INDICATE ATTENDANCE – GO TO THE OHIO STATE WEBPAGE HERE: https://nacministers.org/groups/ohio/
NACM MINNESOTA STATE GATHERING – SEPTEMBER 7th, 2019
- FOR FULL DETAILS, TO ASK QUESTIONS, TO INDICATE ATTENDANCE: GO TO THE MN STATE WEBPAGE HERE: https://nacministers.org/groups/minnesota/
NACM NEW YORK STATE GATHERING – SEPTEMBER 21st
- FOR FULL DETAILS, TO ASK QUESTIONS, INDICATE ATTENDANCE: GO TO THE NY STATE WEBPAGE HERE: https://nacministers.org/groups/new-york/
NACM NIGERIA GATHERING – SEPTEMBER 2019
- FOR FULL DETAILS, TO ASK QUESTIONS, TO INDICATE ATTENDANCE: GO TO THE NIGERIA WEBPAGE HERE: https://nacministers.org/groups/nigeria-ministries/
IMPORTANT TO KNOW ABOUT NACM GATHERINGS:
- ALL NACM MEMBERS CAN ATTEND ANY STATE GATHERING, whether you are a resident of that State where the Gathering is held, or not.
- All NACM GATHERINGS include an ORDINATION CONFIRMATION CEREMONY (laying-on-of-hands blessing) for those ALREADY ORDAINED through the online process. Just let your presiding Elder know ahead of time that you wish to participate in the ceremony (proof of ordination required).
- ALL NACM GATHERINGS require PRIOR REGISTRATION: GO TO THE NACM STATE WEBPAGE (where the Gathering is being held) AND POST YOUR QUESTIONS & REQUESTS to ATTEND THERE.
NACM MINISTRY-SKILLS COURSE OFFERINGS
THE NACM CHRISTIAN CHAPLAINCY PROGRAM
The NACM Chaplaincy Program is expanding! Now you can, through NACM member Chaplain, Rev Ron Ringo, take CPE (Clinical Pastoral Care – 4 units) to prepare for Board Certification as a Professional Chaplain (as required for staff chaplain with the military, police dept., fire dept., hospital, prison, etc.). For more information, click on this link:
The NACM CHRISTIAN CHAPLAINCY COURSE: Get solid, thorough quality training for theological understanding and affirmation of the chaplaincy call, as well as acquiring effective crisis ministering skills (grief-and-loss, death-and-dying, traumatic events, suicide, etc.).
Completion Certificate: qualifies ordained NACM member ministers for NACM chaplain licensing as a community or volunteer chaplain (nursing homes; jail ministries; street chaplain; hospital volunteer; etc.).
This is an online/internet course: SELF-PACED (complete when you do); 2 textbooks required.
MEMBER DISCOUNTED TUITION: 20% off! ($31.96 instead of $39.95). Enter discount code NACMDISCOUNT (all one word/all capital letters) in the discount code box when you register here:
CLICK on this LINK to register: https://nacm.pathwright.com/library/nacm-christian-chaplaincy-basics/about/
NACM’s LEADERSHIP HALL: free online/internet self-paced course.
Unique online group-interactive study of leadership theology and skills for effective pastoring, administering or directing of any church or ministry organization.
CLICK on this LINK to register: http://nacmresearch.ning.com
NACM: SOULCARE 101: MINISTERING TO UNSAINTLY SAINTS (5th year!!)
Learn how to effectively counter people’s difficult behaviors and help them discover and address their real, root issue. You will gain specific practical skills to help people actualize real transformation in Christ!
Completely online (internet) course – self-paced (complete in your own time frame).
MEMBER DISCOUNTED TUITION: 20% off ($19.95 instead of $24.95) – type discount code NACMDISCOUNT (all caps/one word) in discount code box when registering:
NACM SOULCARE 102: OVERCOMING ROOT ISSUES – Helping People Identify, Address & Resolve First-Cause Issues – Sequel to SoulCare 101; takes up where the first course left off and trains you in 7 effective biblical steps for helping people overcome their root issues and stay victorious! MUST take 101 before 102 !
MEMBER DISCOUNT: ($19.95 instead of $24.95) – type in discount code, NACMDISCOUNT, in the discount code box when registering: https://nacm.pathwright.com/library/recovery-from-root-issues-soul-care-102/about/
SPEAKING UP! DOMESTIC VIOLENCE TRAINING FOR CHRISTIAN MINISTERS: These days, every Christian minister should know how to intervene & minister effectively to both DV victims and perpetrators.
This is an eye-opening learning experience to the prevalence of DV/abuse in the Christian community and how to practically and rightly minister.
– Ongoing, self-paced online course: start anytime, finish anytime. (No textbooks needed)
– Taught by Dr Nancy Murphy, 35+ years DV & Abuse recovery Christian Counselor (Director of Northwest Family Life Counseling Center in Seattle, WA)
– Special NACM member discount: $37 instead of $67 (public), instead of $299.95 (grad students)
– To register: http://dvtraining.net/product/speaking-up-christian-response-online-course/
– Click on “CLICK HERE TO PURCHASE”, type in NACM in the PROMO CODE BOX; click APPLY; follow instructions
– Contact Nancy at SpeakingUpTraining@gmail.com if desiring academic credits for course (different price applies) or to become a trainer.
PLEASE JOIN YOUR NACM STATE WEBPAGE! Know what is happening with your State as to Gatherings, Elder posts, and just meeting other State ministers!
JUST CLICK ON THIS LINK: https://nacministers.org/usa-project-local-groups/ – then on your State’s name.
IF YOU ARE IN A COUNTRY OTHER THAN THE USA, LOOK FOR YOUR COUNTRY’S WEBPAGE HERE: https://nacministers.org/global-project-local/
DID YOU KNOW THERE ARE 29 SPECIAL-INTEREST MINISTRY GROUPS ON THE NACM WEBSITE? Interests range from BIKER MINISTRY, to COWBOY CHURCH, to JAIL MINISTRIES, to WRITERS, to WORSHIP LEADERS, to CHAPLAINS, to RECOVERY MINISTRIES, and many more!
CHECK THEM OUT HERE: https://nacministers.org/ministry-focus-groups/
PRAYER ROOM: post prayer requests & pray for others:
Is your minister’s or chaplain’s license up-to-date! (check expiration date on card)
NEW GEAR FOR MINISTRY: NACM LOGO stoles, shirts, caps, key chain, etc.
THE NACM CHAPLAIN’S CAP: https://nacministers.org/support/product/nacm-chaplains-cap-official/
ANY QUESTIONS? Contact our NACM HELP DESK here: https://nacministers.org/helpdesk-2